CNC Lathe

@PhilG

I didn’t realise the laser cutter was a private machine :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, the more common CNC Lathe variant (Mazak) runs a language called Mazatrol, most serious engineering shops use Mazak machines over machines with G-Code. Mazatrol is a conversational programming language and makes turning a cinch, but it’s also proprietary, so this machine will probably end up running G-Code of some description, which does get the job done at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Hi All,

I don’t know if everyone knows my old plan with that green lathe but I was converting it to CNC.

Buuuuuut… I just got a job out in Longreach so will be moving to central QLD in two weeks.

I am happy for the space to sell my lathe or buy it off me. I also have the servos and controller there too. I paid about $2700 for all of the gear and would be happy with $2k and the servos and controller can be a donation. Its a solid lathe and I can return it to operational with about 20 minutes of work.

Ok Ollie. So if you are moving, what happens if the space doesn’t have the budget to buy it?

If the space doesn’t have the budget I can come take the lathe away. I would love to donate it, but I can’t afford a $2000 donation sorry.

As far as i understand, from other people having talked about ollies lathe, is that its a particularly nice model thats been well maintained, as it used to be owned by a gunsmith or something?

If this is the case, i’m very much in favour of us purchasing it as we’re ok money wise at the moment and better tooling is better tooling. I believe we can fit up to 4 lathes in the metal shop comfortably.

Ok If the membership deems it a valuable purchase, then I will support that. I will add it to my meeting agenda