New cause : kiln work

Re sensor : I’ll drop it off this afternoon or tomorrow for someone or @Thermoelectric to play with

ESP8266 is a web enabled micro-controller. Like all microcontrollers you can plug motors, lights, switches, sensors etc into it. With the ESP8266 you can control or see the things plugged in from any web enabled device. So you could control the kiln and even temp from your phone and monitor the energy live and graph usage over house, weeks, days and years.

I’m a noob at using them but @buzz has made web enabled battery monitor recently. Others have used them to call an Uber by pushing a button. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe thermocouple is K type, will test on Tuesday, does this micro-controller accept K type thermocouples? can it switch a large 240VAC solenoid on a shunt switch?

1 Like

Would need a MAX6675/MAX31855 or something similar to interface to a thermocouple.

2 Likes

I dropped the sensor off on Thursday and had completely forgotten to tell anyone.

It’s in the doom shelf in the very top left. Hope someone has some success playing with it.

Remember that nothing can be stored in the quad without the landlords
aporoval and we dont rent the outdoor spaces anymore in general so making
any outdoorsy type encloure that lives near the metalshop 3phase would be
potentially challenging…even if it’s round the back of the bldg near the
compressor.
I’m not saying it’s impossible , just hoops to jump through.