Createatorium 1.0

1. Hey guys. If you are part of the Createatorium cause, we will be working on cleaning up our area, along with common use space, this Saturday. I will also be helping my other cause with cleaning up their area too. Best idea is to plan for the whole day- minus voting time in the morning. For those coming in on Sunday, I will leave a list of things you can do to help us set up the area.

2. We will have a meeting in the coming weeks to organise our calendar. Would people like to have official meetings on weekends or weekday nights, in person and/or online? I feel like online would be fine because many of us are in multiple causes and we already will have enough traveling to do. Official meetings will be like voting on expenditure and sorting out classes, cleanups and improvements.

3. I was thinking of having a day each month for general hangout to work on our own creative projects, share advice and do inductions on equipment if needed. Once or twice a month I’d like to have specific classes which are also open to the public (for an additional fee).

Thanks and see you soon,
Timeka

1 Like

Hi creative types! Just checking in with @Boo and members to see how things are going with the letter B. We need to have all letters done by this week so they are ready for the metal frame. I have scheduled this Sunday arvo 15th Feb as a finishing off day for all the letters. Can I get a show of virtual hands who would like to come and hack the letter then? Woodworking will also be doing theirs then, from 2pm onwards.

I’m unwell at the moment, so I haven’t been able to get into HSBNE. I will try to make it in during the week to make a start on it. I want to put big stitches around the edge of the letter using rope and a drill.

I might plan to go in Friday for decorating the letter. If anyone else wants to help, that would be good.

Probs let @Hayden know cos science lab is collaborating with you guys.

Ah, ok I might be able to make Friday. Ill send @boo a message when i know

Check out this idea for a possible workshop and cool piece to have at the space :slight_smile: @Boo

1 Like

Time to have a Createatorium meeting. I didn’t hear anything back on my original post in this thread, so I’m just going to make it up.

Agenda

Time: 7pm
Date: Tuesday 17/03/15

• What classes we want to run
  • Improvement day dates
  • Buy screen printing supplies
  • Buy cleaning supplies

Sorry guys, I’m changing the time of the meeting to 6pm. Exec meeting clash :stuck_out_tongue:

Agenda

Time: 6pm
Date: Tuesday 17/03/15

• What classes we want to run
  • Improvement day dates
  • Buy screen printing supplies
  • Buy cleaning supplies
1 Like

I’ll be there :smile:

1 Like

Thanks to the members who attended the meeting. You can find the minutes on our cause Wiki page here: http://wiki.hsbne.org/Causes/Createatorium

1 Like

We, the Createatorium, will be running an event on the 12th of April. It’s a Sewing and Cosplay Workshop. I have one helper, but if anyone else has experience in prop making or cosplay, there are some areas we could use some help in.

Details on Facebook and Meetup:
[Facebook][1]
[Meetup][2]

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!
[1]: https://www.facebook.com/events/1430730550557296/
[2]: http://www.meetup.com/hackbne/events/221435571/?comment_table_id=446737782&comment_table_name=event_comment

Edit: fixed date.

1 Like