G’day I’m Ben Jackson and I like to build things. In my day job I mostly talk about doing things but in reality I love to do them myself!
Things I’m into
- Micro Electronics. The Raspberry Pi Pico is may favorite, but I have also use Arduino, PICAXE, PIC, ESP8266 (NodeMCU) and ESP32. Lately I have been writing a few libraries for microPython for various components. I also have experience driving stepper motors.
- Astrophotography. Check out some of my images.
- 3D printing and 3D CAD. I have been printing for many years now and have just upgraded to a Rat Rig VCore 3. Have been using Fusion 360 for a while and now have started with OnShape.
- I also don’t mind repairing the odd bit of vintage electronics. I recently scored a couple of HP 9810a calculators (50 years old). One is fully working and one is for parts, but it would be good to get it running.
- Various other things…
Things I am looking to learn or do at HSBNE
- My son and I are currently working on building a shredder for hard plastics. We managed to score a couple of gearboxes and have hooked the 25:1 to a treadmill motor. We have modeled up the actual shredder and once we are inducted will get to building the shafts on the lathe.
- I work from home full time and am turning into a hermit, so I need to get out and meet some people.
I do have a bit of free time so if you want me to do something to help out please let me know.