Ask for Matthew (or for the guy from 4zzz fm). Also, if you’re interested, ask me about the Brisbane bitcoin meetup group - I welcome bitcoin discussions.
It’s easy enough to just use an exchange like BTCMarkets.net (based in Australia, transfer money with BPay, buy and sell orders supported). What exactly are you offering?
Well, when you put it that way… I’m offering a friendly, face-to-face transaction at a fair price. Beyond that, I’m happy to speak about my own experiences with the currency and the software and services I’ve used in conjunction with it.
It’s a reasonable offer, while BTCMarkets is a great tool/marketplace, there are some hefty drawbacks:
- Requires heavy identity verification, which not everyone is comfortable with
- Per transaction trading fee of 0.85% (which only goes down with very high throughput)
- Only accepts AUD deposits via POLI as of last week which means:
– $3 per deposit
– Max $2000 per deposit
- AUD Withdrawals carry a hefty fee ~$30
- AUD Withdrawals travel at the rate of a bank transfer - slow
There are benefits to trading between people too:
- Legitimises/normalises the practice
- Spreads knowledge and awareness - some people might be keeping all their private keys on their phone and need to understand personal security!
- Fast way to get money out of the system
- No trading fee
- No withdrawal fee
- Ability to exchange for goods and services
- Expands your network of BTC enthusiasts so if you need a quick purchase or sale, you know people
. Gives you an opportunity to use that “tactical baton” that came as a bonus with that other 3D printed item you bought with bitcoins
By the way, just to revise my previous comment, btcmarkets has reintroduced direct deposit through a new bank, and also increased their Max poli payments to $10k