Helloooooo. I’m Meg!
I joined at the end of December but I’ve only been in once since then as I blew up my knee and had to get surgery before I could drive safely. Now I’m recovering from said surgery so I still can’t drive safely!
Anyway, I’ve been aware of HSBNE for a few years but I live on the Gold Coast so it’s a bit of a trek in. Between uni, work and jiu jitsu/soccer, I never had enough time to really participate.
I decided to make time in the new year, and now I’ve got a bit of a forced break from jits that gives me even more time, so I must immediately transform into The Worst Maker of All Time.
Keen to use all of the stuff and make all the new pals. Apologies in advance for all the questions, and many thanks in advance for all your help.
- Motorbikes (/EV generally)
- Martial arts (muay thai, boxing, BJJ)
- Coding (learning to not suck at embedded currently)
- Learning everything about all the stuff
Things I am looking to learn or do at HSBNE
- I have some specific projects (to begin with: a few basic customisations for my crappy project motorbike that I love to bits)
- I also just have some skills I want to learn: Welding, milling, knifemaking, woodwork.
I am currently
- Studying electrical engineering at QUT – last semester of my Honours! Then onto PhD!
- Working as an undergrad power electronics engineer at a renewables company
- Recovering journalist (BJourn)
- Hacking obsessive (OSCP)
- CPR, heck yeah