Craft punk Sumner plan

The below is my plan for craft punk at the new Sumner site. I am open to feedback, criticism and suggestions. Please let me know your thoughts.

At the moment Craft punk is located upstairs and to the right. We have two racks dedicated to craft punk and we would like ensure electronics has representation on these two shelves as well.

Beside the two shelves is a currently empty space and there is also an empty table.

On this empty table I would like to ensure it remains empty between use. I do not want anything permanently set up here except for the following

• basic stationery supplies, e.g. scissors, ruler, compass, squares, sticky tape, super glue, pens and pencils etc. all arranged on the backing board
  • cutting board on the table and silicon mat on the table
  • lamp/magnifying glass
  • power board
  • sign saying to keep this space clear at end of work sessions

In the empty space to the left of the door I am open to suggestions. I think a nice display here for stuff we have made or for sale with HSBNE merch would be good.
Especially if we plan to make and sell stuff this can be our spot to have this set up and it can be packed down and taken to expos or markets for promotion.
The internet stuff is in a box in this corner and I don’t want thing that will generate too much dust below it.

On the first rack I’d like to dedicate the top half to boxes of supplies clearly marked with their contents. This includes but is not limited to leather, glue, paint, sewing supplies and cosplay supplies.

On the bottom half I’d like to set up the sewing machines, overlocker and embroidery machine on the left, these take quite a bit of space. So I want them pushed to the side when not in use on the left.

I’d like a rainbow display of threads affixed to a rack on the wall. Also mounted on the wall I’d like a rack for paints and brushes, and a rack for resin pigments.

On the right I’d like the sublimation stuff. Primarily the plate and mug press with the larger of the 3 placed on the ground when not in use.

On the second rack on the top shelf I plan to have much of the electronic supplies. In the past the electronic section appeared to have a surplus supply of bits and bobs that never saw the light of day. With consultation I’d like most of these to be pared down to the bare essentials and the rest donated, sold or trashed. I’d also like to have jewellery making supplies, glass supplies, rotary tools on the top shelf pending how much space electronics need.

On the bottom of the second rack I’d like a small soldering station set up, with desoldering, soldering, extraction fan etc. on the right. I would like to put the glass grinder on the left however this is only pending that adequate precautions are made to reduce glass spread (e.g. a case around the grinder such as an old fish tank, a plastic mat on the ground). Dedicated use of a vacuum after all sessions. If this is not ideal, glass grinder will find a home on the main workshop floor.

On the wall I’d like to set up spools of solder and insulation tubing and shrink tubing. And hooks for tools.

On the floors under the racks we may place a couple of small drawers for supplies if needed, but would like to ensure nothing else is placed under there so chairs can be pushed fully in and take up less space when not in use.

I have some boards at home I will bring for wall mounting supplies.

I’d like to attach lights on the underside of the racks to see by.

Alternative the area where there is empty space could have a nice couch for people to sit on and relax, I suggest leather or faux leather.

I would also recommend that in this room a small projector screen get set up that can come down for the roof in front of the window facing the street and meeting can be conducted in this room.

And the stall/merch could possibly go in the walkway leading to Craft Punk on a narrow hall stand.

Sounds like a great plan. Please let us know if we have missed getting any of the craftpunk tools from storage and we can have a look for them.

Inside the craftpunk room to the left, would you like another storage rack setup for the display?

The red toolbox that used to be next to electronics at Hamilton is now outside the door upstairs in the wide walkway. There should be some additional storage space there as well.

At this point in time we have nothing left at the new location that is craft punk. I tried to find out box Catalog to specify which ones need to be brought over but couldn’t find it. If you are able to link that it would be a great help otherwise yeah need a whole bunch craft punk stuff.

As for the empty spot. I’d like just a collapsible table for now so that it’s portable for events. I don’t currently want any permanent racks there so it doesn’t collect junk.

I was at the paint factory yesterday and grabbed the sublimation box and paints box. I didn’t see the printer which is required for sublimation, so I hope it’s not burried too deeply.
When at the paint factory next, I’ll also get a trestle table.

Good work Kyia. When are u gonna be back on site?
I am gonna be trying to have some more shelving in the room and once we have the CNC on site i want to fitout these like stations.

Sadly we do need to claim some space for storage. I understand your feelings about junk collecting, that’s why we need to start thinking about leaving the paint factory and using the storage space smartly. We will have some teething period, so let’s keep talking and communicating.

Understood. Perhaps just one level on a rack kept for merch and shit.

I’ll try to be back on site on Sunday again

No worries. Don’t stress. I am just saying that we will keep shuffling stuff around until we find a balance. Let’s have a chat on sunday. Thanks for your work.