Craftpunk Meeting 08/09/2020
Doc has nominated Emily as proxy
Quorum - 6 - Y
- Work to do - i/ Wiki, ii/ MSDS, iii/ Craftpunk Boneyard purge/reorder
(Any member is welcome to work away at these as opportunity allows)
iv/ Continue refurb of the Craftpunk Room
Move we find a date to have a dedicated working bee to progress completion of these things.
- class/working bee for the wiki
- physical working bee for the boneyard, getting overlocker and embroidery machine accessible
Working Bee 27th of September 10am
- Propose purchase - 5gal Vacuum Pot, couplings and hoses $200 (Paula could speak to this) budget includes getting it up and running.
- The big white one is kickass
- Eris knows the connections
- Pot is useful for resin work
- Suggestion to have a sacrificial pot
No abstaining, no against, passes
- Propose purchase - Better sewing machine (Emily and/or Gabby could speak to this)
- Mainly in agreeance, needs research.
- Propose purchase - Jewelry table and tools (Eris could speak to this)
Proposal: $120 for a mini grinder for the space, it comes with a flexi-drill too.
$60 for an ultrasonic bath
$200 for wood/steel to build a jewelry workbench.
Vote Mini grinder- No abstaining, no against, passes
Vote ultrasonic bath- No abstaining, no against, passes
- Needs to be put up as a discussion thread for the bench
- Keep an eye out for a shaker
- Kiln - Discuss
i/ Current state of kiln
ii/ Options for improvement of kiln - Josh’s partner / professional kiln maintenance
iii/ Options for using kiln to generate income.
- Long term we need a home for it that isn’t in the metal shop, preferably in a container with 3 phase power
- Really needs patching up, needs kiln cement, $40 for a tub from Bunnings
- Needs a new element, would be $200,
- Needs new furniture, suggestion fro pottery supplies from Milton
- Check with Alex, he’s going to be visiting soon
- Ant Beecham has said he can do the work, but needs to commit to a timeframe
Put in general budget for kiln- $2000 to repair and purchase shelving
New kiln coming
- Waiting on titanium delivery, built out of a microwave
Suggestion: Microwave kiln in the
need to take deposit in case of one item damaging all the others from explosions
Printing generally goes for $10 for kilo, $80 for full kiln
Need to look at a process for signing up to classes- getting covid details, getting pottery item details
- Grant suggestions -
i/ Leather stamping machine and tools - est $5000 ex UK or China
ii/ Leather skiving and leather splitter - Consew DCS-S4 Industrial Skiving Machine - quick ebay search $995
iii/ Sublimation Inkjet Printer. Sawgrass SG500 - $990
- Look at buying class sets of hand tools