I used to be quite engaged with maintaining Digifab but have stepped back recently as it isn’t receiving care from almost anyone else. However it’s gotten to a state that is honestly, just unacceptable as almost nothing is currently working.
I’d like to call on the membership to help bring digifab back up to an acceptable level of operation.
I rocked up this afternoon with a couple of new members (who happen to be friends of mine) to help them with some 3D printing and found these problems:
- Left CR10 was not on the network and was inaccessible. I fixed the network problem and updated the DNS but the bed was severely unlevel so I also levelled the bed. It’s printing well again now.
- Right CR10 is currently broken (and has been for months). It looks like a broken USB port and the hotend is half taken apart.
- Taz 5 octo pi would not boot - I’ve re-installed octopi and set it up, but haven’t done a test print.
- The CAD PC had no network connectivity and throws errors on boot up. I moved the right cr-10 ethernet cable to the CAD PC because the right cr-10 is currently not usable.
- Left CR-X and Right CR-X have both been sitting in digifab for months and are still not operational.
- The photon looks like it hasn’t been setup again since being moved.
- All of the Raspberry Pis have still not been upgraded, even though the budget was approved months ago.
- All of the Raspberry Pis are dangling all over the place and the printer bench is really messy (also the right-cr10 pi isn’t even plugged in).