Pictures tell a thousand words,
I enabled these in the Admin (along with all the supporting config):
So that you can enable these in your user preferences:
And discourse will then send you emails for everything on here, exactly as the google group did. Hooray!
A quick few points before I leave you to it:
- Theres a 10min delay between a post on the web interface and the email being sent out, in order to allow time for edits and the like. This is configurable and I assume we will tweak it as we get user feedback.
- Replies do not show up instantly, its a pop3s polling system so theres a slight delay between polls.
- It seems to work best when you either use it just via email, or just via the web.
- There is, at the time of writing, no way to create new threads via email. I will let everyone know as soon as this feature becomes available
- I will be moderating people who leave email signatures in their replies, as this is freaking annoying on a forum
- I have not played with it much, but I dont think you get inline replying, or what a forum would call quoting, at this time. If you want to utilise the nice quoting features of discourse, use the web interface.
Happy emailing everyone