We are doing some planning for building storage options at the moment and its a bit hard to tell how much is enough. As part of that discussion, over the years we’ve had enquiries about hsbne keeping material on site that they can sell to members. If we built enough storage, we could do this. Keep plywood, steel, plastic etc on site and onsell to members for a nominal convenience fee for the space.
I think if we did it, there would be some kind of secure storage for material, thered be approved people to give access to it, and you could pay with either a square terminal thing or spacebux. can just write prices on the materials, ie cost + N%. Down the line maybe we could do a camera + remote system or get more techy with it.
Would love to get a feel for things with these polls. Of course, any other feedback please reply below
- Framing Pine
- Steel SHS/RHS
- Steel pipe or bar
- Aluminium Extrusions
- Its hard for me to transport materials, so buying onsite makes it easier
- I would be happy to do it just to support HSBNE
- I think it would help ‘fill in gaps’ when i needed to get a project done
- It would give me access to a wider range of materials
- It would help me plan projects, knowing what i could buy on site
- Its important to me to be able to get things at weird times, or i cant normally get materials from shops at regular hours.