I’ve literally just finished assembling and testing this printer today, and it’s only printed two parts, both successfully!
It’s made from a UltiMachine.com “kit”…
- fully stainless steel rods and threads
- including pre-assembled RAMPS electronics kit
- upgraded endstops ( opto instead of micro)
- with a “Gregs” extruder
- a MakerGear.com hot-end ( 0.35mm nozzle) ,
It also has a couple of reliability mods to get rid of the side-to-side wobble that some other i2’s suffer from:
- bolted, cross-braced acrylic sheet holds electronics but more importantly stops sideways wobble,
- the z-steppers are attached to the z thread with a slightly flexible but very rotationally secure joint, reinforced rubber hose and hose clamps.
Pics and Videos of it printing here:
Make me an offer!
P.S. it’s green!