The next Blacksmithing & Casting Team Meeting will be held on the 19th March 2023 at 10am. The meeting will be held physically on-site and virtually on the Meetings voice channel in the HSBNE discord server.
There will be open forging after the meeting.
As per HSBNE’s Teams Policy, any items requiring a vote must be posted here to allow for 5 days notice to the membership. Any HSBNE member may attend the meeting, but only Blacksmithing & Casting Team members are able to participate in voting. There will be open member forging after the meeting.
Standing Agenda Items:
- Safety Focus
- Safe practices of the month
- Safety issues (if any) requiring remediation
- General Business
- Updates on Ongoing Projects
- Updates on forge area equipment
- Safety report from CBRE
- Engage a foundry specialist to undertake a review of the established forge work area to determine the suitability of facilities available for forge activities and develop a SOP for users;
- Complete hot works permit prior to usage of the forge and retain records should the SOP require its completion;
- Mount the fire extinguisher to the wall;
- Provide a first aid kit with burns kit within the forge area;
- Provide a spill kit within the forge area;
- Improve management of the electrical cabling at Site; and
- Test and tag electrical cables.
- Vote in a 2IC with the same powers and responsibilities as the team leader who will take over when the team leader is absent.
- Open day in about 12 weeks? What can we make / demo?
- Fly press?
- New gas cage build