Hi HSBNE! My name is Josh, also known as Bikemad on various parts of the internet
I’ve been meaning to join for some 12 months, and finally got my ducks in a row and came along to an open night…
- Bicycles (avid rider, mechanic by trade, my entire life revolves around bikes)
- Metalwork - have taught myself to TIG weld, own a mini-lathe and a small home shop, many other hand skills to build my own bikes(are you picking up a theme.,.)
- 3D printing
- Podcasts - machining, manufacturing, business, bikes… thoroughly enjoy learning things!
*Cars - please talk my ear off about V8’s
*Drums - avid player and huge lover of any music genre
Things I am looking to learn or do at HSBNE
*Super keen to learn more about CNC processes both in metal and plastic(lasers look super useful), as well as having access to “real” sized machine tools.
*Keen to connect with people who know stuff and things about metal work, looking to learn as much as make
*Maybe help people do more with Bicycles? Did I mention they are the best mode of transport ever?
I am currently
- Working as a Brand Manager at a cycling/fitness wholesale company
- Work/volunteer at various bike shops on weekends
- Bicycle Mechanic
*Can do a wheelie/sic mono