Introduction to Blacksmithing - Tong Class

Hi All,

I will be running an introduction to tong making on Monday the 28th of January (Australia Day public holiday), at Ipswich Historical Society. It is heavily based upon Martin Geddes ABC of Tongs, and will focus on proper tong construction & geometry, and the effective & safe use of a coke forge. Martin Geddes will also be on hand throughout the day. Cost to attend is heavily discounted to $50, and only covers the cost of consumables. There is 5 spots available to HSBNE members only - first in, first served.

The goal of this class is to raise the general blacksmithing ability of blacksmith cause members, and for me to continue to develop my blacksmith teaching abilities.

If you would like to attend, comment below to reserve your place, AND email me at alexwixted@hotmail.com for payment details.

Tagging the people below who I recall to have previously expressed interest. I’ve probably missed someone though.

@zach.forrester
@Kuranes
@Naerious
@Lysa
@blip2
@Darbness
@gabriel_camp

1 Like

Sick nuts, I’m in like sin.

I’m in!

I’m still keen too. Will email you now.

Yes please. Count me in.

I am expressing interesting

I’m in as well.

All places are now spoken for, and I have the following people on the waitlist for the next of these I run.
@Lysa
@awcbreckell
@Alan

If you would also like to add your name to the waitlist, please comment below.

@blip2 please

Hey I can’t make this one because of work, but gonna keep an eye out for the next one