EDIT: Formal education/experience not required! We care more about your skillset than pieces of paper But paper is still interesting too! Interested in all applicants with CAD or Electronics experience.
Hi everyone, first time poster so please let me know if I am in the wrong category. Advertising some jobs at the company I work for that I think HSBNE members will be interested in.
GeoSim Technologies : Flight Simulation
Are you interested in applying your skills and knowledge in your day to day work?
My name is Ben from GeoSim Technologies. We are a family owned business based in west Brisbane, who design and manufacture Helicopter and Aeroplane simulation devices. Our devices are used around the world to train Pilots for the Aeromedical, Firefighting, research and commercial flying industries. We build a wide range of sims, everything from portable VR to full cockpit flight simulators.
We are looking for highly motivated team members to help grow our team. As a self-identified “Maker” I enjoy the continual opportunities this job allows to build and apply knowledge and skills. We build a majority of what goes into our sims, which means getting to play with a wide range of technologies and help bring a product from design to fruition.
There are two main roles we are looking to fulfill:
Someone who can assist in designing various mechanical components utilised in the simulators. The position would encompass designing various parts for the systems and then to liaise with manufacturing contractors to create the products.
- Must be familiar with Autodesk Inventor CAD software.
- Understand how to create mechanical parts using sheet metal fabrication and CNC techniques.
- Ability to create accurate 3D drawings in Autodesk Inventor.
- Must be capable of problem solving
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and have a willingness to learn.
- Interest in reverse engineering and replicating mechanisms.
Someone who can assist in developing the various software and electronic components in our simulators and getting them to communicate with each other.
- Programming Experience – Primarily C++ (other languages also of interest)
- Basic Electronics knowledge/experience (arduino and basic electronic circuits)
- Self Motivated learner
- Interest in reverse engineering
- Willingness to try new things
- Ability to collaborate on projects
Bonus attributes of interest:
- Programming languages such as C#, Lua, Python etc
- Advanced Circuit Design (we design alot of electronics in-house)
- Electrical Knowledge (motors/microcontrollers)
- PC based software program development
- Adobe Software knowledge (Photoshop/Illustrator mainly)
- Unity Experience (C#)
- Basic 3D modelling skills for 3D printing
To enquire further please send us an email at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.