Ok, so the idea’s been thrown around a bit and we really should discuss it on the forum so it’s more visible.
Right now, when you run the laser cutter and have the window open next to Digifab the fumes from the laser cutter come back in via that window.
It’s been proposed that to fix this, we should build a smoke-stack using some PVC pipe that is the right size. We’d also need to:
- Cut a hole in the sheet of metal on top of the extractor box for the pipe
- Cut the sheet to size and secure it to the extractor (probably silicone the edges to avoid vibration
- Build a water trap using angles
- Secure the pipe to the gutter so it doesn’t take off
- Protect the pipe at the top so animals don’t get in
We already have the PVC pipe, but we need to get some angles to make a trap for water coming into the stack.
Is anyone keen to take this on or have suggestions on how to achieve it better?