My partner and I just bought a 2012 Nissan Leaf (in really good condition!) and would like to make it a little more modern. As such, I’ve purchased all the parts etc necessary to perform the following upgrades:
- Uniden iGO85R front (4k) / rear (1080p) dashcam
- Replace head unit with Sony xav-ax5000 touch screen / car play unit
- This is what we used in our previous camry
- I’ll need to do a little bit of soldering but shouldn’t have to touch the factory harness
- Install OVMS (open vehicle monitoring system) for remote charge state, GPS tracking, etc.
I expect the bits to arrive over the next few weeks and I’ll try to install them pretty quickly. This thread will act like a build log where I’ll try to post progress updates of the upgrades.
Pictured below is leafy and us