Looking for someone to build opto-coupler, isolator or alternate circuit to improve transmission capability 1-wire-bus

I am an engineer with a small business providing commercial & industrial energy efficiency & sub-monitoring services.

As part of the sub-monitoring system I have of a 1-wire-bus temperature logging system. However the circuit is not capable of driving the signal when the circuit is extended 100m using Cat-5 cable.

I was wondering if HSBNE has a member who is interested in electronics capable of & willing – for expenses and a reasonable fee - to develop an opto-coupler, isolator or alternate circuit to improve a circuit’s transmission capability for me?

Alternatively, if there is anyone out there who can help me (or point me to a person/organization/entity who can help me) it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Quick search and found this website
http://home.kpn.nl/thomas_7/1wire/1wire_isolating.html

Looks to be what your after

Thanks Ihovo. Based on your link I’ve been able to find 3 possible solutions - both isolators and negative capacitance drivers that might solve the problem.

Do you (or does anyone) know an electronics whiz/student who could build/test such solutions?