Metalshop Cause Meeting 8/10 @ 2:30pm

I’ve been trying to work out a Tuesday night that I could make it in with work, however we have one of our coaches away for the next month or so unfortunately. I’m proposing we have a cause meeting this Sunday after the welding workshop is finished, which I’d like to turn into a regular occurrence so a bunch of us could work on some of the larger projects which could revitalise the metal shop. This could also double as a chance to do some work on the sheet router, now CNC Fridays are no longer happening.

A few have asked me who the metal shop cause members are (I don’t know everybody’s forum name sorry):

Colby (@colby )
David Bussenschutt (@buzz )
David Leventer (@daveL)
David Thomson (@David_Thomson )
Don Short (@flyonly )
Eris Ryan (@Eris )
Jaimyn Mayer (@jabelone )
James Churchill (@pelrun )
Jason Beattie (@jace )
Jeff Turner (@Jeff )
Jeremy Mastop (Red)
Joshua Hogendorn (@devians )
Karl Richardson (@rut4ger)
Matthew Steel (Steelie)
Philip Gowenlock (@PhilG )
Philip john thompson (@Philthy )
Shane Frost (Shane)
Sven Hanzka (@Svenska )
Zac Forrester (@zach.forrester )

If you know you will be unable to attend the meeting, please send through the following proxy form before the meeting to secretary@hsbne.org or reply to this thread:

HSBNE Inc:

I, of (insert address), being a member of the association, appoint (insert name) of (insert address) as my proxy to vote for me on my behalf at the metal shop cause meeting of the association, to be held on the day of 8th of October and at any adjournment of the meeting.
Signed this day of (date) .

(Signature)

Agenda Items:

*Sale of old and broken stick welder - $50 (money to go towards new oxy-acetylene leads). We still have two functioning stick welders, both infinitely more capable (this one has high power only as low power is broken, and can do 3.2mm only; the others can do up to 8mm sticks) so I don’t see a need to have 3 of ours + 1 on loan on site given how infrequently they are used.
*Sale of a few boxes of sticks - we have way, way more of these than we could ever need thanks to donations years ago. I propose we sell approximately half of our existing sticks (retail price is ~$60 each, so at $30 each they’re a bargain) and then ask at a GM for this money to go into cause consumables.
*Adoption of new cause operating document (to be linked soon). This will be a live document and contain information on what equipment needs inductions, which members are maintaining and responsible for equipment and also the establishment of an accruing cause maintenance budget, to be used solely for the purpose of maintaining our existing equipment (ie. we could buy new oxy leads from this as they’re required for it to function, but not the purchase of consumables). The cause maintenance budget would be $80/month, and accrue up to a maximum value of $500. This will be posted as soon as I get home.
*$750 for the purchase of @Thermoelectric’s plasma cutter, and chop saw. The plasma cutter is fully functional, has an approximate value of $1000 and an excellent piece of equipment. The chop saw requires a different sized pulley to be safely operational (something I am working on getting done for free). This is a very capable saw, and with a change in pulleys we could even have a MASSIVELY capable dry cut saw.

I’ll also throw a BBQ on Sunday just before the welding workshop finishes, as an extra incentive for people to show up.

2 Likes

HSBNE Inc:

I, of Petrie, being a member of the association, appoint Drew Spriggs of somewhere in Brisbane as my proxy to vote for me on my behalf at the metal shop cause meeting of the association, to be held on the day of 8th of October and at any adjournment of the meeting.
Signed this 8th day of October 2017 .

James Churchill

HSBNE Inc:

I, of Dutton Park, being a member of the association, appoint Drew Spriggs of Brisbane as my proxy to vote for me on my behalf at the metal shop cause meeting of the association, to be held on the day of 8th of October and at any adjournment of the meeting.
Signed this 8th day of October 2017.

Jaimyn Mayer

Minutes

Attendees:
Sven Hanzka (@Svenska )
Zac Forrester (@zach.forrester )
Craig Hudson-Taylor (@ltp)
Karl Richardson (@rut4ger)
Philip Thompson (@Philthy )
Don Short (@flyonly )
David Thomson (@David_Thomson )
Drew Spriggs (@Drew_Spriggs)

Proxies:
Jaimyn Mayer (@jabelone )
James Churchill (@pelrun )
Beau Sandford (@Thermoelectric)

Meeting Opened - 2:59pm

Agenda Items:

1. Sale of old/broken stick welder - 11 in favor, 0 oppose, 0 abstain.

Motion Passed.
2. Sale of surplus sticks - @rut4ger brought up we should keep all ‘specialty’ rods (hard facing, low hydrogen, etc). All agree with this amendment - 11 in favor, 0 oppose, 0 abstain.

Motion Passed.
3. Adoption of new Cause Operating Document - Drew gave a brief rundown of people who are responsible for specific equipment (Karl for lathes/mills, Sven for CNC’s, etc) which everybody was happy with, all in agreeance that a pre-approved floating maintenance budget up to a $500 value is a good idea - 11 in favor, 0 oppose, 0 abstain.

Motion Passed
4. Puchase of plasma cutter and 3 phase hot saw from @Thermoelectric for the sum of $750 - 11 in favor, 0 oppose, 0 abstain.

Motion Passed

Further discussion - @Svenska brought up the topic of having ‘names’ for all of our equipment. We were in agreeance on ‘Uncle Chop Chop’ for the small hot saw, “Death Saw” for the big chop saw and “Milhouse” for the mill. While this is fairly superfluous, it is a bit of fun and a few people have offered to machine/make the name badges for everything.

Meeting Closed - 3:14pm

1 Like