Metalshop meeting minutes – 8/5/2023
• Ben Jackson
• Eris Ryan
• Phil Juric
- All good
- Maintenance – schedule for oil leaks.
- Phil to let Ben know what grease to get.
- Need to buy a grease gun.
- Large vice fixed.
- Good operation.
- Need to instruct people on how to change to the correct speed.
- Change oil lines
- Replaced coolant fluid
- New tool setter.
- New rubbers. - Buy
- Working reasonable well.
- Has a new nozzle made by Solaar
- Looking to cast new ones.
- Need to buy 2 linear rails. For the shield.
- Can do with some or standoff rings. Eris to source these.
- Ground wire is now covered in red tape.
- The non-foot pedal cable (with a adjustment on the head) is being repaired.
- Will need a new role of wire soon. Eris to source new wire.
- Not fully functional.
- It lives.
- Fully repaired.
- Glued up new jig and wound some test turns and test fit.
- Nicks in the wire are being repaired.
- Need to get the electrical controller together.
Welding Gas Monitoring System:
- No update.
- No issues.
- Will need to get new screen protectors soon.
- No issues.
- Working OK, but needs more 40 grit belts (eris).
- Sell old TIG and Transmig.
a. Prefer to sell these and eventually replace the MIG with a new one that has the same capacity.
- New proposal to get/build a work area for the TIG – Phil.
Would like to invite Ryan (Solaar) and Adam into the team.
Need to get more feedback from members on what they want to use/do. Opportunities to do this in casual chats and in inductions.
Discussed ways to get more social engagement.
- Ben: Grease for the mill
- Ben: Grease gun
- Ben: Rubber for way protection for HILDI
- Eris: Linear Rails for YAG
- Eris: Standoff Rings for Plasma
- Eris: Mig wire
- Ben: Sand Blaster Screen Protectors
- Eris: 40 Grit sanding belts for the Linshers