i posted the below post in the general forum, still learning. how do i link it to the agenda so it comes up in there.
This is actually a re-vote to purchase a quick change tool post for the metal lathe which was passed back in October 2018. see below for the minutes from the meeting. I don’t know how much was approved for the tool post because it was bundled in with the drum sander.
So I am proposing a $650 spend. $450 to $550 on the quick change tool post and a $100 to $150 on some basic tooling for the lathe.
- Special General Meeting to elect new Treasurer
- Quick-change Tool Post and Drum Sander (up to $2500 for both items)
- There will be a meeting held soon to discuss what the causes are and how they can be improved upon
- There will be a Supanova meeting held on the 30th of October to discuss the layout and final organisation of the booth; if you have indicated that you wish to volunteer you must either attend or let Doc know beforehand.
- If the doors aren’t opening, please let us know so we can determine the problem.
- We are examining options to implement Stripe payments for membership, this will be implemented for new memberships; this item is subject to further discussion.
- If you have not already signed up to the new portal system please do so as your site access is dependant on this.
- We have new tools in CraftPunk, as well as a new 3d scanner for small items in DigiFab.
- No treasury report given
- New Treasurer - Due to the departure of our previous treasurer, we need to elect a new one; Jaimyn Mayer elected unopposed.
- Quick-change Tool Post for lathe and Drum Sander (up to $2500) - The drum sander is the last piece of equipment we need for the wood shop to be fully operational, and the quick-change tool post of the lathe will allow us to use more types of tooling as well as allowing for more adjustment and faster works; 8 opposed, 6 abstentions, ** motion passed for Drum Sander **; 7 opposed, 4 abstentions, **** motion passed for Tool Post **** .
- SpaceBucks RFID Donation Terminal kit (up to $350) - These will allow people to use their SpaceBucks for more than just the drinks machines, for instance donating extra funds directly to causes; 0 opposed, 0 abstentions, ** motion passed **.
- Thanks to Emily for cleaning CraftPunk and taking on the Vending Machine project
- Thanks to Josh, Brendan and Luke for organising replacement vending machine parts
- Thanks to Steve for making a model of the woodshop
Special General Meeting, Tool Post and Sander, SpaceBucks RFID Terminal
Members Present (26)
- Michael King
- Craig Hudson-Taylor
- Jaimyn Mayer
- Nathan Beveridge
- Timothy Reichle
- Brendan Halliday
- Sven Hanzka
- James Churchill
- Eris Ryan
- David Bussenschutt
- Rory Jones
- Lucas Oldfield
- Drew Spriggs
- Luke Hovington
- Joshua Hogendorn
- Lauren Shearer
- Julie Kernick
- Mick Morrison
- Steve Jordan
- Aaron Bycroft
- Scott Wilson
- Peter Davis
- Meka Beecham
- Dave Seff
- Jacques Botte (Proxy)
- Matt Anthon
Notes authored by
Notes approved by