Relaunch Party

I’d like to start discussing this so we have a plan! :smiley:

Things I would like to see and or do at such a party.

Fundraising

• We have a small pile of stuff thats valuable, but not to us. ie, servers, ups’s, that big helicopter etc. We should run a charity auction.
  • Speaking of auctions, i’d like to see a mentorship auction. ie, I could be auctioned off to give you 2 hours of tute in web apps, or arduino etc.
  • Professional service auctions? not sure. Could be worthwhile.
  • Sponsorships for advertising at the event.
  • A bar! Alcohol and drinks are a great money spinner.
  • Some sort of raffle perhaps?

Events / things goings on

• Lightening talks on projects or hacks?
  • Demonstrations?
  • Dinner and a show?

What ideas does everyone have? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

EV Race? Sven and Victor are building their electric skateboards, perhaps the showdown can be at the launch party?

3 Likes

If you want to serve beer, we should organise it now. Most of those micro brew joints take 3ish weeks. We can save a ton of money going that way and get tastier, more interesting stuff. For instance, Brews brothers most expensive brews are ~$200/50L and kegs of XXXX gold are around $200-240 all the way up to $400-450 for the fancy ciders and beers.

For serving the beer we would also need the CO2 tank regulator and correct disconnects for whichever group we choose to go with. I would be able to lend some of my equipment for the day but depending on what we get my not have the correct couplers but would reduce cost down a bit hire wise when teamed up with the kegerator that is next to air hockey table.

If Brewsbrothers route we would also have to supply our own kegs again I could probably lend 2 19L corny style and 3 S couples(only have on s coupler though for serving). Which would let us do a dark a pale and a black and tan of the two :stuck_out_tongue:

Sean