Table Saw Induction - EOI

I have published a table saw induction on eventbrite as requested by @devians, which can be found here due to the time commitment of running this induction there is a small, one-off fee of $20. This money goes directly to future improvements of the woodshop.

@Mark_Davey @Tanel @jdownie @blackie @Rich @M_att if you can book in here, that would be excellent.

Hi Wixted - I am a new member and keen to get access to all the equipment in the Woodchop. I notice you have a table saw induction scheduled, unfortunately the induction is Sold Out. Is that correct? When will you be holding another induction?

Hey @kvy come along and we will make it work.

Hi Joshua.
Today I went in to use the Compound Saw but was unable to as it now also requires an induction.

I am really really keen to complete ALL inductions for various machines in the Woodwork Shop.

Can you tell me when it is possible?

Regards, Kevin

Hi kevin, the compound saw does not require induction you should be able to swipe on. Its just for tracking usage.

Hi Kevin,

I’ve taken a squiz and it seems that your access card wasn’t active in the back end and I’ve sorted it out. As @devians mentions above the only tools locked out for requiring induction are the Table Saw, Band Saw and Thicknesser/Planer.

Kind regards,

As Brendan has mentioned
The Woodwork Tools that require Induction are Table Saw, Band Saw, Thicknesser/Planer
Sorry to keep bothering you - but do you have any idea when the next inductions to the above will be possible?

Regards, Kevin

Hey Kevin, the Bandsaw and Thicknesser/Planer inductions can be done by anyone already inducted on those tools using the checklist(some checklists were on/in the yellow corner cabinet in the woodshop). The Table Saw induction is run as a group class by Josh(devians). I’m not sure when the next table saw inductions were planned to take place.

Thank You Mac for your response

Hi, I’m interested in having a tablesaw induction done. I’d be able to attend any Sunday in the near future.

I was lucky enough to attend a table saw induction late last year. Aside from how to safely operate the table saw, I also learned that these inductions are very elaborate. There was some discussion about using the next induction as an opportunity to convert part of the induction into a video lesson. I imagine that would leave the practical and written exam as something that could happen on a Tuesday night and individually. I’m not suggesting that I have any training video filming skills, but if you’d like somebody to attend the next one to film another camera i’m happy to volunteer.

We are scheduled to shoot the footage for the online course this saturday 4th, if you’re free I’m sure the help would be appreciated.

HI @Ryan1, we are mid process of turning this into an online course, please sit tight and hopefully it will be ready for you to do soon.

Is there anything I can do to accelerate this production?
Offers include but not limited to

• Neck rubs
  • Beverage collection
  • data wrangling
  • hype guy for 3 minutes
  • assisting in editing (depending on current editing package)

Hey @antifoo, we are grabbing the work in progress off the current editor when they are next able to get in, so once we do that we will have an idea of next steps. You will know when i know :blush:

Quick update for those hanging out for the table saw induction videos.
We’ve grabbed some of the last shots today and hopefully I’ll complete the edits this week. The next step is to put it online and make it part of a course.

Hi. Just want to put my name in for induction on the table saw. Will wait for the online course?

We have completed all shoots, and we’ve finished 90% of the videos in editing. I’m super duper busy atm with life but it might be possible that the online course will be up and running in a week or two.

Big thankyou to all the helpers who have made this possible so far, and those members that have been waiting so patiently. we are so so close and i’m very excited.

1 Like

Thanks, will wait

Am also keen to get induction / access to table saw