I’m pleased to announce the online table saw induction is online in a BETA version.
What does BETA mean?
- Over the next few weeks the course contents will probably change. I’m not sure what the timeline for a final version is, if we weren’t in lockdown it would be two weeks to a month? But since noone can complete the physical component it will probably be in flux until we reopen.
- Anyone who participates in the beta will be expected to give feedback. The final question at the end is an ungraded free text response field, so please keep notes as you go through on anything you think is unclear, too easy, too hard etc. We cannot do any reshoots at this stage so any feedback on the video portions may be reserved for future courses at this stage.
- The course will change according to the feedback, at whatever time the beta ends you may need to redo the quizzes in their ‘final’ version.
With that out of the way, there are 3 courses. You will need to sign up to canvas to access them. I suggest that you sign up with the same email you use for the portal as we may build some integrations between the two down the line.
The pass expectation is 100%. All videos are followed by a comprehension quiz, which are short (2 - 5 questions) and can be retaken multiple times until you pass.
When HSBNE reopens, there will be a physical in person assessment once you have a 100% in all 3 courses. I am looking for people to run these physical in person assessments. They should be short and sweet, mimicing the previous hands on portion of the class.
- A cross cut, setup from the saw being ‘very wrong’
- A rip cut, with the saw from ‘normal’
- A successful blade change
You’ll need to be available for people to do this, hopefully we get enough that everyone does a few a month.
I want to thank everyone who’s put in hard work over the long timeline and many attempts this project has taken. I’m looking forward to helping HSBNE to build more online courses, both to streamlline our own process but to provide outside more widely as an educational resource.
In no particular order:
Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Very glad to be through the majority of this project.