Thank You 2020 Edition

It’s always important to recognise the awesome work that so many members do. Please use this thread to thank members for anything awesome that they’ve done no matter how big or small.

1 Like

I’ll start off my thanking everyone who attended the cause leader meeting last night as it was very productive and we bought up some really good points that need further discussing. We also solved (well hopefully!) a number of problems. Special thanks to @Pommygirl for running it.

Tagging some of the people that I can recall who were there: @Pommygirl, @nogthree, (me @jabelone), @crofty, @Siridar, @devians, @ian.kerr.redmond, @reatek and @Boo.

4 Likes

Jaimyn,
thank you very much for all this work you are doing to make it easy for all of us.

Epic amount of work bro. Congrats on your efforts :blush:

Many thanks to those who helped at the Signage Working Bee… including @Pommygirl for organising the event.

Thank yous from tonight’s meeting:

Thanks to everyone who organised the Hackerspace grant application, we were approved!
Thanks to Josh for following up on grant items with the landlord
Thanks to Ian, Doc, Brendan, Tim, Paula For Craftpunk improvements- aircon out of the way, walls painted
Thanks to Craig for the new lathe in the Metalshop
Thanks to Zach for running errands during working hours

3 Likes

Thanks also to Emily for her help with the Craftpunk renos and participation in last Saturday’s working bee. (just 'cause you wrote it, don;t leave yourself out of it!)

1 Like

It just feels a little too grandiose to be thanking myself!

Thank you goes to Murray Wayper (Antifoo on Discord) for donating to our library, we now have
“workshop practice” by William Atherton, vols 1 to 8 for members to browse :smiley:

Thank yous from the general meeting:

Thanks to Eris and Anthony for volunteering to go evaluate a potential CNC and laser cutter donation

Meka, Paula, and Tim for their work on the Craftpunk window

Thanks to Emily for submitting on the BCC grant (We didn’t get it, but will try again when they re-open, hopefully after the election)

Thanks to Kira and Brendan for board game nights

Thanks to Murray, Paul and others for maintaining the woodshop

Thanks to Jaimyn for setting up backups for zigbee screen and portal backups

Because I just realised I forgot to put this up earlier: Thank you to @Testicky for upgrading the shelving in our classroom! we have room to expand and it looks so much nicer!

Thankyous from the general meeting held 2020-03-02

• Thanks to Pierce and Murray for their editing work so far on the Tablesaw Induction videos.

• Thanks to Scott and Jarod for their help videoing the tablesaw induction

• Thanks to Zac for assistance in organising oil disposal

• Thanks to all that have helped with Craftpunk refit

• Thanks to Kevin Dicks for equipment donations

• Thanks to Eris and Anthony for organising donations to sit

Thankyous from the general meeting held 18-03-2020

• Massive thank you to Zac for his help cleaning up the site

• Thank you to all woodshop for upgrading systems and getting the dust extraction system sucking

• Thank you to Buzz for assistance with laser cutter, managed to get it working on its own power

• Thank yous to Eris and Dave for their work on the CNC mill

• Thank you to Brendan for his work on the new website design

• Thank you to Jaimyn for his continued work on the member’s portal

• Thank you to Murray for coming in on Friday to mudmap the electrical circuits

1 Like

I just remembered- Thank you to @merseyless for giving tours so often lately, the week before last a new member specifically mentioned the awesome tour as a reason why he joined! 100% effective work :smiley:

Thankyou to John O’Donnell, who made the Craftpunk 3 phase to normal power supply in Craftpunk, we can now look forward to getting much more use out of the room! :smiley:

I’m not going to try naming names because I’m positive I’ll forget more people than I’ll remember, but thank you to everyone who’s been involved with helping out in the mad dash this past two weeks as the government has continuously been changing its covid-19 response with very little notice. This Wednesday was one of the busiest Wednesdays I’ve seen in a while, heh!

1 Like

Thankyous from the general meeting held 31-03-2020

• Thanks to Buzz for helping with the laser cutter improvements

• Thanks to Jaimyn for his work on the portal

• Thanks to Murray for his work editing the table saw videos

• Thanks to Zac for checking in with everyone every morning, he’s really cheering everyone up

• Thanks to Josh for rewriting the Large Storage Policy

• Thanks to Jaimyn for his work on the portal

• Steve Jordan for writing the Chemical Policy

• Emily for writing the Lord Mayor’s grant write up

• Jaimyn for building the kiosk

• Josh for liaising with Herb and CBRE

• Ian, Aaron, Mike, Meka, Zac, Drew and Emily for helping with preparing the site for reopening

• Thanks to Aaron for writing all the thanks and voting items in Discord in real time

• Jaimyn for work put into the portal

• Steve for his work on the chemical policy

• Thanks to Buzz and Aaron for work on the new laser cutter, good news- It will cut!