Truck Camper conversion final bits & bobs (not whole build!)

Hey all, I’m exploring possibilities for finishing a truck camper conversion in Brisbane (likely late Aug), before rolling on.
I’m 2 yrs in, with all big builds done, and would be doing primarily bits and bobs, any remaining electrics, plumbing, fixtures, printing 3d bits - fiddly stuff that having access to related tools & expertise would make much easier.
Would parking a pantech truck on/next to site be viable around then?
Would happily pay membership in advance.
Thx!
Morgan :sunglasses:

Morgan,

That sounds like an interesting project.

If you’ve been to our new site, or viewed it in StreetView, you know that there is limited parking for guests of the commercial tenants in the complex (about 6 parking bays).

Parking any vehicle there would be frowned upon by the body corporate or other tenants. However, the street is wide, has ample parking, and I think has no parking time limits.

Feel free to come along one day to check out the complex, and parking situation.

Post on here if you plan to visit and we’ll reply whether the time suits.

Andrew

Hi Morgan, thanks for posting!

I’d second what Andrew has written. While a member you can use our machinery after taking induction depending the case. We are pretty close to activate the space and includes the woodshop, digifab and craftpunk.
Working on the vehicle in the parking will probably be a source of problems.
Why don’t you come over, check the site and let’s talk about your project.

Hey guys, thanks for prompt reply.

I’m actually in Sydney, and will be heading up and past Brissy, lots to sort in QLD and aint in a hurry.

Can’t imagine I’'ll be doing anything that requires excessive ins and outs, tho obvs being able to be parked next to (on street) is ideal.

Cls u pls clarify: do you access 14 through #12 on left, or the gate on the right in below view?
Do u reckon parking up where the red X marks the spot wouldn’t ruffle feathers? (can’t imagine I’d need to have any stuff laying around outside, all work inside as it’s been for ~yr, tho safe to assume some might twig to the fact that I’m working on it).

The entrance is on the right. You can check this on the satellite view i reckon.
Parking/working on the street and what people say i can’t tell. People think differently and feel all type of entitlements about it.

1 Like