Below is the list of materials required. Please note that if you are interested in building an antenna near either 2m or 70cm wavelengths this may be possible to accommodate but would you please let me know. The links below will provide some background data on this type of antenna.
2m / 70Cm Flowerpot Antenna
or Google the above heading.
Bill of Materials
· 25mm grey PVC Conduit x minimum 1260 mm long. Any other colour may require adjustment of measurements.
· 25 mm PVC conduit cap.
· RG58 coax cable (must have braided shield) x minimum 2mtrs – Jaycar WB2012 stranded core or WB2010 solid core.
· Antenna Connector of preference (suggest BNC female to allow connection to coax run without joiners) - Jaycar PS0660
· 39 mm diameter double wall heatshrink (to seal loading coil) (70 mm) ) – a luxury, otherwise leave bare. (Still trying to source, 17-1-18 VK4ZGB)
· 30 mm diameter double wall heatshrink (to seal 70Cm sleeve)(250 mm) – Jaycar WH5626 (1.2 M)
· 12 mm diameter double wall heatshrink (to seal BNC connector and coax at ends of coil) (100mm) – Jaycar WH5643 (1.2 M)
· Short length fishing line (to tension antenna inside PVC Conduit) appx 500 long. Someone should have this in their buggary box.
· Aluminium cooking foil, aluminium building sarking, brass shim or salvaged coax braid to cover 235mm of 25mm PVC Conduit
· Qty foam disks to centre antenna element inside conduit. A luxury and to maintain tuning of 70 Cm. We should be able to supply these.