The woodshop team met on the 9th of February to update the team plan.
We have identified the following objectives to be completed by July of this year. Many of the objectives are slated for completion well before July (especially inductions).
Commissioning new tools.
- An induction will be made for the new Bosch mitre saw. While the induction is being made, and for a grace period afterwards, the old Hitachi mitre saw will be kept for members to use.
- An induction will be made for the panto-router. The router table induction will be a prerequisite.
Formalised CNC inductions.
- Before a formal induction is made for the CNC it will be fitted with an interlock. Once an interlock is fitted, an induction will be put together, formalizing the existing process.
- The rough idea for the induction will be a three part processes consisting of demoing the machine, a practice job will be done with limited assistance, and finally an examination with no assistance.
Automated dust collection. The blast gates and dust collector will be automated so that relevant functions can be operated from the normal operator position of each machine. See here for more details.
Fitting out and organizing the shop.
- The wall sheeting will be completed and will allow for the clamps, power tools, and other items currently hanging on the wall or scattered around the shop to be organized and accessible.
- The mezzanine will be organized.
Selling old machines.
- The donated Waxminster jointer will be sold.
- The old Hitachi mitre saw will be sold after the new mitre saw has an induction and a suitable grace period has elapsed.