To save a bit of time and effort on the day, I’m going to layout our to-do list from the last meeting, break it down, and get some feedback on what’s critical and what are stretch goals.
- Learn how to Wiki (How formatting is achieved)
- Learn how to use the tool template
- Update each Craftpunk tool page (We currently have 15 of those)
- Find documentation for each tool and upload a copy to the wiki
- Go through what’s in the room and make a list of all the products
- Brainstorm likely products members could bring in, and add to the list
- Google each product for it’s MSDS
- Print out the MSDSs, put into the Craftpunk MSDS binder
- Take out everything Craftpunk has stored in the Stockroom (Mostly on the first rack when you walk in)
- Identify what to keep
- Find space in the Craftpunk room for kept items. Possibly reuse one of the shelves in the rack, if space can be made? Maybe a donations box that gets cleared every six months?
- Identify any other items in the room that can be added to the Craftpunk Boneyard
- Reassess space requirements for sewing machines
- Check that tooling is in working order
- Check that tooling has necessary basic consumables, make a list of missing consumables
- Set a date for the next tool check
My opinion is that getting the Boneyard sorted and the wiki class done are most important, particularly since I just had a go at doing the dremel page and couldn’t work out how to get the template, let alone start working out how to update it for a particular tool!