Working Bees 2019

So I have been saying I will do this for a while…

Ok so there a number of things that need to be done around the space

• Modify the Large Container, put in roller door, install shelving, move Kiln and Compressor (linked to electrical work being completed)
  • Build Racking under canopy and reorg the boneyard
  • Modification of the green room, replacement of benches and tables with a better solution
  • Put back on canopy (in boneyard)

Note: Add and additional tasks below and I will add them to the list of tasks.

So to get these done I will be running a series of Working Bees starting next month

Dates: (likely to be more but we will start with these)
Sunday 14th April
Saturday 4th May
Sunday 19th May

So let me know if you can come and help out.
If you are also willing/able to help plan and co-ordinate this work it would be much appreciated.

Lastly, we are also working on upgrading the woodshop on Sundays, the main priority being connecting the dust collection. If you can help come along to on Sunday (fortnightly from this Sunday) and spend a few hours helping out.

1 Like

So… I have tried to get people to turn up and help do working bees.
Clearly, the group are not really interested in doing them or, I believe just forget about them as they are not important…
So from my perspective I am not going to try to run any more general working bees at the space until we can change how we communicate them.

Mostly this is because I have specifically made time to be here all day on multiple occasions and no-one turns up… I am not going to continue to waste my time until we can change how this works.

Happy to take some feedback or discuss how this can move forward.

I would also say that this work needs a few people trying to organise an motivate people… other people need to step up.