Bean flickers coffee cart

1 Like

The coffee cart is ready for the electrical system which includes a solar recharge system, arduino system management, indicator lighting, 230v supply for the grinder and ignition system for the coffee machine and washer/charge pumps. A media system will be installed to provide music for customers. 90% of this build is made from recycled products. Due to be completed by the 15th February 2015.

4 Likes

The solar panels for the cart arrived today from sydney, they will be installed this week and I am organizing all the ELV and LV wiring this week Ready for the installation of the coffee machine and grinder. If anyone wants to help out and learn about wiring on this build you are welcome to call me 0409342888.

4 Likes

I have friends who are interested in shirts… they love the name :S

1 Like

Your solar panels have arrived! Looking forward to seeing the cart full of sun powered electrons.

1 Like

I will be doing up merchandise soon, just have to get the cart finished first but good to know there is demand.

I’m picking up the batteries today, got to have somewhere to store the suns love :smiley:

1 Like

Hayden, I can confirm that I will be producing t’s and singlets with some cheeky double meanings and great graphics by an Australian designer who is living in the UK. The apparel with be high quality fashionable cuts with long lasting prints, not some tacky ill fitting t-shirt from a sweat shop in china, instead it will most likely be a good fitting cut from a sweat shop in china.

1 Like

I unpacked the solar panels today, turns out they are 285W @ 31V not bad at all!
Picked up the batteries too.
Just a shout out to anyone who knows about Good quality charge regulators and single phase pure inverters. I need some help with selection and balancing options.
Also just prior to the clean up my motor for the trike was placed in the scrap bin next to the back door, a critical cir clip was lost in this process. If you were the person who moved it can you please let me know if you noticed the cir clip fall or if it was placed somewhere safe. One of my sheets of sign board that was meant to go around the top of the coffee cart has also been misplaced in the clean up, the rest of them needed to be dug out from underneath that massive pile of stuff outside so if you know where the other sheet went that would also save me around $60.
Thanks.

New solar panels

1 Like

450Ah worth of deep cycle gell cells.
These are heavy mofos!

2 Likes

1 Like

Thank you @riumplus for helping with bringing my batteries back to life :smiley:

1 Like

I did a rough estimate of how much money I have put into this build not including labor and charging my travel at $0.70/km.
Now i know why i never have any money. Turns out this has cost me around $8000 so far and that’s with scrap materials.
Maybe it would have been cheaper to buy a prebuilt one but I wouldn’t have learnt all the things i’m learning along the way. Knowledge is more valuable than any physical trading medium.

If anyone would like to help me get this build finished for the grand reopening so i can serve fresh espresso coffee with the donations going to hackerspace, you are more than welcome to assist me with labor or scrap parts.
I need some brackets to mount the solar panel and ideas for lighting arrangements. I have warm white strip lighting but it isn’t waterproof and I will be operating near the ocean so corrosion will be a factor for all electronics.

1 Like

Some progress pictures from the start.

it’s a Spoonbill ^^^

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am looking for a suitable solar charge regulator and came across this model http://www.morningstarcorp.com/products/sunsaver-mppt/
It needs to handle 36V @ 285W and convert down to 12V and preferable to cope with the full I that the panels can provide being 25A and must be MPPT.
If anyone knows a good model that is a reasonable price I would love to hear about it.
Thank you.

Probably going to go with this model with the remote monitor.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-dXhccrTuhTUUFlakhkSEQ5Njg&usp=sharing
It’s $277 delivered inc.

So I found out today that the bottom tubing where the wheelchair stub axel is welded on to is warping under the weight. So I bent up some tube and will weld it on to the underside of the warping tube. Thank you to Sven for your assistance in developing a resolution to this issue.