I recently became a new member of HSBNE and with the looming threat of having no allocated space at the premises I assumed it would a good idea to start thinking about how an automotive team can be formed and function.
The important bit for now would be
Starting a Team
To start a new team, the team must come to a general meeting with:
- All volunteers and their agreements
- Nominated team leader
- Proposed team budget
- Schedule for meetings
- Team Plan
There is a minimum of 3 people in a team.
So the discussion for now would mainly be focussed on:
- Do you want to join the automotive team?
- What do you think we should do as projects, if any. (#vanlife? EV conversion? 'Learn to service your own car"?)
- What do you think should be included as a Team plan? (for me, definitely creating workbenches/a dedicated space)
- what do you think the automotive cause/team needs to be able to sustain? (tooling, training, manuals…)
I don’t mind being the Team leader so the team can get started, except if somebody else wants to do it.
We can meet up at a Tuesday night, or somewhere in the weekend. Let me know what you prefer!