Thank You

Thank you to @togusa09 for bringing us sugar and caffiene at the WSF stall on Saturday.

Thank you to @pelrun for literally being a wizard in general.

Thank you to @Thermoelectric for being a literally wizard also, I’m constantly coming in and finding little things he’s done that improve the space.

Thank you to @sjpiper145 for doing the work on WSF and the message expunged

4 Likes

I’d like to say thanks to @nogthree for sorting out the forum upgrade. Things are finally looking newer & shinier around here! :smiley:

4 Likes

Seconding the thanks for @nogthree. Also thanks to @riumplus for putting Dr Pepper (and the other new flavours) in the vending machine, I’m a little addicted to the stuff.

3 Likes

I’d like to thank @pelrun for helping (though he did all the hard uncomfortable work) getting the front off of the $2 vending machine on tuesday. There was lots of awkward angles and a bit of swearing but he soldiered on.

Also thank you @Thermoelectric for implementing the change exchange.

And last but by no means least @riumplus for his constant work with the drinks machines and keeping them stocked.

4 Likes

Thanks to the guy (I didn’t get your name, sorry) who cleaned up the machine shop this evening. I only just noticed when I went to put some stuff away, and the floor is swept clean and the mess around the gigantoprinter has been significantly sorted out. It is a major improvement - good work!

3 Likes

Thank you to whomever I have to thank for the state of the Green Room. I just finished wiping down every surface I could reach, and it felt like I haven’t been able to reach some of these surfaces in a year or longer. It now looks and feels SO much nicer and helps keep me in the zone of hacking longer :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks to @sjpiper145 for the work improving the hipster lounge; the combination bench-seat/library is aces. (just don’t sit on it yet, the black paint comes off! Don’t think it likes the linseed oil.)

3 Likes

Thank you to @Thermoelectric for making the second drinks machine light up. Vigo looks much more menacing now.

4 Likes

Thanks to @pelrun for his continuous effort helping me make HULK go!

3 Likes

Thanks to @sjpiper145 for almost singlehandedly cleaning up the boneyard (I helped a little bit). There’s a long way to go, but it’s possible to actually find stuff in there now.

3 Likes

Thank you to ALL the members who cleaned up after themselves and others, the green room was Amazingly Clean! Excellent member behaviour!

Having such a well looked after and equipped electronics bench is phenomenal. Thanks @merseyless

4 Likes

I want to send a big shout out to @caffeine_addict who was in on Tuesday to check out the Okada VMS and helped me cut ABS sheets for the vacuformer on the table saw and guillotine.

He did this, even though he wasn’t a member and that is boss. Thank you Andrew.

1 Like

This post doesn’t get used half as often as I’d like, but I feel like I forgot a thank-you at tonight’s meeting.

I’d like to thank @devians for all the work he has put into the previous iterations of our website. There has been A LOT of work that many people won’t notice because it’s back-end or code and I want to make sure that people are aware that without his work our website would still be that awful google pages thing that we used to use.

5 Likes

Thank you to @rut4ger for doing some maintenance on the lathe and just generally improving it.

5 Likes

Thank you to @Svenska for CNCing up a new cover for the external RFID readers on the fly.

Thank you to @pelrun for debugging the door reader code so the netrols now support the new door readers.

3 Likes

Thank you to @Boo, @doc, @crofty, @sjpiper145, @nogthree, @Wixted, @pelrun, and myself for making the Supanova Gold Coast booth happen. We raised a decent amount of money for the Space & our outreach efforts went pretty well. This Tuesday was a bit quiet because it was a public holiday but even still we had more than the average number of newcomers show up, plus our Facebook likes & website traffic are both up, so I’m expecting more newcomers than usual over the coming weeks too! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’d like to thank @Doxle for taking the time to fix up some of the chisels in the wood shop and making this kicking rad box to store them in so nobody would hurt themselves on them.

3 Likes

I’d like to thank the members who made the first screen-printing workshop today such a success. This was @Boo, @andrew1973 and @riumplus, I was only there as an observer but it looked like it went well, even with first workshop teething issues :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to give a shout-out to @doc for stepping in and helping with inductions in the last month.

@buzz for working on some access system lifecycle improvements (We don’t have to copy and paste contacts into Xero now yay).

1 Like